Ladies, you’ve signed up to your weekly fitness class, put on your performance running shoes and have your favourite sports bra on. Are you neglecting the most impacted part of your body while you exercise?
What are EVBs?
EVB Sport Shorts, Capris and Leggings act like a really good sports bra…for your core.
The technology in the sportswear mimics the floor muscles and the function of the pelvic floor muscles to create a hugging type effect. The elasticated high waist with compression uplift helps to stablise the internal organs and prevent them from bouncing up and down.
They encourage the correct position of the pelvis. They will stop you from actively over-bracing your muscles as you try to support the organs yourself or in response to your symptoms.
The EVB Sport range is engineer designed, with structural panels providing a ‘hammock-like effect’ around the core muscle groups, pelvic floor and lower back. Independent research from Royal College of Surgeons and Dublin City University demonstrates EVB Sportswear is proven to reduce impact on the body’s core muscles with participants claiming an overall enhanced performance. Find out more here: https://youtu.be/-mNxF_usILs
Who Should Wear EVBs?
1 in 3 women suffer from pelvic dysfunction. Among those considered most affected are:
- Professional athletes who partake in high impact sport such as gymnasts, runners or long jumpers
- Pregnant women, post-pregnant women, or those who have given birth at any stage of their life
- Women who are experiencing menopause, or have already experienced menopause
- Women who have had gynecological surgery, e.g. a hysterectomy
Additional risk factors that can increase a person’s risk of developing pelvic floor problems include:
- A history of back pain
- Previous trauma to the pelvic region, such as a fall or pelvic radiotherapy
- Chronic cough or sneeze (e.g. due to asthma, smoking or hayfever)
- Being overweight, or having a BMI above 25
- Heavy lifting on a regular basis – either at work or at the gym
What are the benefits of EVBs?
- Proven to reduce impact on core muscles, pelvic floor and lower back
- Improved posture, reduced forward lean
- Prevent back, hip and knee pain
- Improved hip alignment
- Reduced cross over gait
How to wear EVBs?
EVBs should be worn snugly to get the best results. If you are between sizes e.g. between a 10 and 12, go for the size 10. If you can, come into The Sports Room to try on your EVB leggings, we’ll help you find the best fit. If not, you can buy EVB online at The Sports Room too.